Board-Certified Personal Injury Attorney Proudly Serving Waco, Texas

Have You Been Involved in an Automobile Accident?

Our Waco law firm can help you deal with the insurance company

If you're involved in a car accident, you should be able to trust and depend on your insurance company to compensate your losses. But far too often, insurance companies have their own interests in mind. They may attempt to keep their overall costs down by denying the fault of you or the other driver. If you're dealing with another motorist - and their insurance company - it is important that you know your rights. The Waco attorneys at Chad Jones Law, PC can help.

Insurance companies will stop at nothing to deny your claim, and many times, they'll take advantage of motorists who don't know their rights. That's why you need an experienced Waco auto accident attorney on your side.

Understanding your rights as an insured Texas motorist

Insurance coverage differs from one plan to the next. It is important that you understand what your insurance plan covers, so you expect the appropriate compensation. Coverage types offered in Texas include:

  • Liability Coverage: This plan will cover losses sustained by people injured in a crash you were responsible for, up to the policy limit. Likewise, if you are injured in a wreck caused by another motorist, their liability insurance should pay for your losses. This includes medical and funeral costs, lost wages, pain and suffering, property damage and other losses. Under Texas law, motorists must carry 30/60/25 coverage, which covers up to up to $30,000 per injured person, up to $60,000 for injuries per wreck and up to $25,000 for property damage. However, many Texas motorists choose to purchase more.
  • Collision and Comprehensive Coverage: Collision coverage pays to repair all damages to your vehicle after an accident. If your vehicle is totaled, collision coverage will pay to replace it. Comprehensive coverage pays for losses not sustained in an accident, such as theft, vandalism, fire or natural disasters.
  • Medical Payments Coverage: This plan will pay for your medical bills and funeral expenses resulting from an auto accident up to the policy limit.
  • Personal Injury Protection (PIP): This plan not only covers medical costs, but compensates 80 percent of income losses while recovering from injuries sustained in an auto accident, up to the policy limit. Additionally, this type of coverage will compensate the cost of personal care for an injured person. Texas law requires insurance companies to offer this coverage. However, drivers can choose to reject it in writing.
  • Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage: This type of coverage will compensate your losses if you're involved in an accident with a hit-and-run or an uninsured motorist. Additionally, if you're involved an in accident with a motorist whose plan doesn't cover the cost, the difference will be paid up to the policy limit. As is with PIP, Texas law requires insurance companies to offer this type of coverage. You can choose to reject it in writing.

Don't let insurance companies take advantage of you

If you're injured in an auto accident, you need to consult with a lawyer immediately. The insurance company may try to tell you that you don't need a lawyer - and you can bet they'll pick up the phone and call their lawyer immediately after. You need your own advocate to fight back against their tactics.

Don't hesitate! Contact a Waco auto accident lawyer online or call toll free at 1-800-64-JONES.

Our Locations

waco Map

Chad Jones Law

510 N. Valley Mills Dr., Suite 404
Waco, TX 76710
Ph. (254)-230-0883

American Association for Justice Member 2012Million Dollar Advocates ForumBest of the 2016 Brazos ValleyState Bar of TexasTexas Trial Lawyers AssociationBoard Certified, Texas Board of Legal SpecializationBB Accredited Business, BB Rating: A+