Highway Truck Wrecks
High speeds and trucks can be a deadly combination
Trucks are susceptible to many types of accidents, often caused or worsened by traveling at high speeds. Truck drivers, by law, must obey speed limits, road signs and directions. Speeding in any vehicle can cause an accident, but when driving a big truck, it is easier to total a car, injure the passengers, or even lose cargo.
Chad Jones Law, P.C. is dedicated to protecting victims and giving them the representation that they deserve. Accident victims, especially those involved in truck accidents, deserve compensation for the pain they've had to endure at the hands of another driver's negligence. Our truck accident lawyers take your case to trial and use whatever means necessary to find the evidence needed to secure justice for you.
Common causes of highway truck accidents
Truck accidents on highways can be caused several different ways. Due to their size, trucks can be difficult for inexperienced drivers to maneuver, especially when making wide turns or merging. Some drivers are negligent, disobeying the rules of the road (and/or federal trucking laws) and driving without the proper amount of rest, or while under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Other causes include:
- Distracted driving: texting, eating, drinking, grooming or talking on the phone are all forms of distracted driving that can easily lead to an accident.
- Not maintaining a vehicle: this can result in things such as a tire blowout. Trucks that do not meet safety standards are incredibly dangerous to others on the road.
- Substances: In Texas, the BAC limit for commercial drivers is lower than that for the general population. A driver can be arrested for driving intoxicated and putting others at risk. Drug use while driving is also prohibited.
- Speeding: The sheer size of a truck increases the chance of fatalities and catastrophic damage at high speeds.
- Inexperienced drivers: Lack of training behind the wheel makes it more dangerous for inexperienced drivers to make long trips alone. Inexperienced drivers do not have the skillset of a trained driver, which can easily lead to crashes.
Adverse road conditions
An adverse road condition occurs when rain, snow or other hazardous weather conditions makes visibility difficult, and it is highly advised that drivers slow down and take caution. If truck drivers are driving at excessive speeds in adverse road conditions, give them room. They may lose control of their vehicle, and may later be pulled over by police for reckless driving.
Different trucks cause different hazards
Different trucks pose different types of hazards, and on the highway, these can be deadly.
- Dump trucks can spill sand or gravel onto the pavement behind them, obscuring vision and making the road unstable.
- Tractor-trailers can jackknife, cause an underride collision (which is often fatal for the victim), or suffer from a rollover.
- Tank trucks can carry flammable or otherwise hazardous chemicals such as gas or oil. A rollover, or other accident involving a tank truck, can easily lead to a fire on the highway.
If you were injured in a highway accident that involved a truck, you are entitled to representation and may receive compensation for your losses and pain. You deserve the kind of representation and respect Chad Jones Law, P.C. provides. Contact us now.
A board certified attorney is on your side
At Chad Jones Law, P.C., we take every factor of a collision into consideration, and we leave no stone unturned when it comes to finding evidence that can back your claim and help us recover the compensation you deserve. Some of the repercussions may include loss of wages due to missed work, detriment to physical and mental health, and/or an inability to use your vehicle due to damages. The impact this suffering causes on a truck accident victim can leave them and their loved ones devastated. That's why you need Chad Jones on your side. Contact us today, and we will evaluate your case for free. We work on a contingency fee basis, which means you owe us nothing until we recover for you.