Personal Injury Attorney Bryan | College Station | Waco

Your Texas Immigration Attorney

We Can Help You Make A Fresh Start

The United States is a nation of immigrants, a land of opportunity, open to every religion, color and creed. This is your fresh start, a new chapter in your life and the lives of your family. You may have come here with your family looking for a better future, or left a life of hardship behind. No matter your story, you belong here.

Writing the next chapter in your life on your own can be challenging. Navigating the barriers of the legal system can be confusing. Many of these barriers block people who legitimately want to live, work and be productive citizens in the United States.

If your future appears jeopardized, you deserve a lawyer who speaks your language and understands you. You deserve the immigration attorneys at Chad Jones Law. We’re familiar with the complexities of immigration law and regularly help people looking to establish residency in the Bryan and College Station area, Waco and throughout the State of Texas.

We're here to work with you and for you. If you need legal help, we can provide it. Serving people and protecting their rights to live and thrive in the United States is our priority and our pleasure. Our bilingual staff can meet your communication needs. We understand that each case is unique. We believe each story deserves to be heard.

Fight together to stay together

People come to this country from all over the world for reasons we can’t even begin to count. Our legal immigration attorneys have years of experience helping individuals, students and families pursuing a better life. We understand it’s not always easy to ask for help. That’s why we’re offering our assistance to you.

We want your family to stay here – together. This country is built upon a dream that’s accessible for everyone, and families are meant to thrive here. If your family is in danger of being separated, or if you’re having issues obtaining a fiancé visa, you need a lawyer on your side who understands the immigration process. We’re dedicated to helping families in need.

You’re not alone. We’re here for you.

Once you’ve made the journey to the U.S., your trials should be over. Facing deportation can be a nightmare, but you don’t have to go through this process alone. You or your loved one deserves a fair trial and experienced legal assistance.

We’re proud to serve Texas families whose relatives want to join them in this country. As family members of a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident, your relatives often have priority for a U.S. visa. Some of the family members who may be able to benefit include:

  • Parents of U.S. citizens
  • Unmarried children (under 21 years of age) of U.S. citizens
  • Spouses and widows of U.S. citizens

But even with a family connection, the process can be challenging. Our law firm can work with your family to accurately fill out visa applications. We will do our best to make the entire process as smooth as possible. Even a small mistake could delay the approval process for months. That’s why you need to get it right the first time. That’s why we urge you to contact us.

We work with international students and others coming to College Station

As attorneys serving the Bryan and College Station area, Waco and the surrounding communities, we frequently work with international students coming to universities such as Baylor and Texas A&M. We’re familiar with the process of applying for F-1 student visas and other immigration documents you may need while studying in the United States.

We also have the experience and resources to help with:

  • B-1 or B-2 visas
  • Visitor Visas and Visa Waivers
  • Green Cards
  • Citizenship
  • Removal (deportation) Defense
  • Deferred Action
  • Preparation for Immigration Reform
  • Consular Processing Immigrant & Non-immigrant Visas
  • Asylum
  • Special Immigrant Juvenile Status

Remember, it’s important you contact us before any of your existing immigration documents expire. If you wait to renew, you may have to apply again, which can take months and expose you to all other sorts of delays.

Immigration laws are complex. Cut through the confusion. Call now.

Every family’s situation is different. Every immigrant is unique. That’s why we don’t offer “cookie-cutter” solutions. We take the time to learn more about your individual circumstances. We then create a strategy designed to help you obtain the necessary immigration documents promptly and efficiently. We are here for you at every stage. We will fight for your rights.

With changing immigration laws, you may face the threat of having your dreams come to an end due to deportation. Students on visas, refugees seeking asylum, those with protected status and tourists all deserve to feel safe and secure during their stay here, whether it’s temporary or permanent.

Like the inscription on Lady Liberty, we offer help and hope for the tired, the homeless and the needy. If you need help, don’t hesitate to ask for it. Contact our immigration attorneys online or call for a free consultation with our bilingual staff.

The sooner you reach out to Chad Jones Law, the sooner we can help you. We’d be happy to speak with you on the phone, meet with you at our offices in College Station or Waco, or come to your home, office or school. Call 1-800-64-JONES or contact us online.

Student Visas

Many people come from abroad to study in the United States. In order to do so, the applicant must acquire an F-1 student visa. Obtaining a student visa can be very difficult to handle on your own. Mistakes made by the government or wrong rulings can put a student’s education in jeopardy. That’s why our legal immigration attorneys want to help you with your student visa.

The application process should begin at least 120 days before your scheduled admission date. In order to obtain a student F-1 visa, you’ll need to fill out the DS-160 form, which is available online. You’ll also need to provide a passport, photos from within a 6-month period and complete an interview.

The next step in the Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) is the interview process. During the interview (which can be scheduled at your U.S. Embassy or Consulate), you’ll have to pay a non-refundable application fee. Then, you’ll be asked about your intentions, such as:

  • What you plan (in specific) to study in the U.S.
  • Your living and financial situations and stability
  • Why you want to study a specific subject in the States instead of at home

Other considerations may also be considered during your application process, including if you plan to work on campus while studying in the United States. If your application is denied, your application may be appealed. However, doing so on your own can be complicated. Our student visa attorneys can help you every step of the way. Contact us to learn more.

Return to Top

Refugee and Asylum Petition

War, terror and persecution remain widespread problems across the globe. Refugees are eligible for a change of status, meaning after a certain amount of time, they can petition for permanent residency. Our legal immigration attorneys have experience helping people seeking refugee or asylum status in the United States.

Coming to this country under threat of persecution can be a stressful, drawn out process. To become a refugee or asylum seeker at a port of entry (airport, seaport, etc.), the status has to be petitioned at that time. The applicant must demonstrate persecution (based on race, religion, political or social affiliation) and be considered a humanitarian concern and priority to the country, as well as be admissible. This means having no prior criminal charges.

Potential refugees must apply for referrals with the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program, and wait for approval. If approved, they’ll receive a medical exam, cultural orientation and have their travel expenses paid for. Upon arrival, they will have access to medical and financial assistance.

Once the USARP has determined a situation calls for the admission of refugees, applicants are separated into priority criteria.

  • First Priority – Referrals from a U.S. Embassy, non-government organization or UN High Commissioner for refugees.
  • Second Priority – Groups that spark humanitarian concern.
  • Third Priority – The reuniting of families as asylees or refugees.

In order to qualify as a refugee, the applicant usually is required to be outside of their country of origin. A screening process is also involved in order to determine if someone may pose a threat to the United States.

Many people who seek refuge status have family they had to leave behind, or that couldn’t join them right away. Through filling out the I-730 form, a refugee can request that their spouse, unmarried children under 21 or both parties join them overseas. All of these steps can be complicated. We can help you with every single one, every step of the way.

Return to Top

Temporary Protected Status

While traveling abroad, a situation can occur in someone’s country that makes it too dangerous to return home. In such situations, the United States government may grant them Temporary Protected Status (TPS). Such situations include:

  • Civil war or ongoing violence
  • Natural disaster (tsunami, mudslides, earthquake, hurricane, etc.)
  • Another condition that may be deemed exceptional

Once TPS status has been granted, the individual becomes unable to be detained by Homeland Security on the basis of their status in the U.S. In order to qualify, someone must already be in the United States without a green card or any sort of residency status. While being “protected,” these individuals cannot be deported, and may be authorized to travel and be employed.

Nationals of certain countries may be eligible for TPS. The list is extensive and often changes. Designated countries are usually listed on the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services website. Currently, these countries include:

  • El Salvador
  • Haiti
  • Honduras
  • Nepal
  • Nicaragua
  • Somalia
  • Sudan
  • South Sudan
  • Syria
  • Yemen

In addition to maintaining nationality, there are designation dates for each country, which the USCIS website has listed and available for view. TPS can be a complicated and lengthy process to go through, which is why having an experienced immigration lawyer on your side can be essential to being granted access to temporary protection status. If TPS is something that you, or your loved one is having trouble obtaining, contact us online or call today.

Return to Top

Tourist Visas

People come here for plenty of reasons, including tourism or short-term stays with friends. To do so as a national of another country, a tourist or visitor’s visa must be obtained through the government. Between the initial application process, interview, and subsequent wait time, a tourist visa can take some time to finally come through.

The tourist visa, also called a B-2 visa, is a non-immigrant visa granted for short term travel, stays, recreational research (not for school credit) or medical treatment. First, applicants must fill out a DS-160 form, which can be done online. Next, there’s a visa interview, which must be done in person. Interview questions may address:

  • Why are you coming to the United States?
  • Can you afford all of the expenses of the trip?
  • Are you going to leave the States after your trip is finished?

It’s important that all of these questions are asked and explained in detail. Failure to do so could result in a denial of a tourist visa application.

If you wish to extend your stay, you must fill out an I-94 form. Not departing the U.S. by the date set on your B-2 tourist visa can result in removal from the country and ineligibility to reapply for other visas in the future. That’s why having an immigration lawyer is so important.

Return to Top

Our Locations

texas Map

Chad Jones Law

College Station/Bryan
2811 Earl Rudder Fwy S.
College Station, TX 77845
Ph. (979)-314-3218

waco Map

Chad Jones Law

510 N. Valley Mills Dr., Suite 404
Waco, TX 76710
Ph. (254)-230-0883

texas Maptexas Address
Shown: Case managers and Attorneys Chad E. Jones and Kevin Kornegay.
Board Certified, Texas Board of Legal Specialization
BB Accredited Business, BB Rating: A+
American Association for Justice Member 2012
Texas Trial Lawyers Association
Best Of The Brazos Valley